Old February 19th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
S R

Default Distributor problem

Reading through a bunch of distributor threads (and Rob and Dave's
discussions at http://www.vw-resource.com/index.html) I noticed oiling
the distributor was mentioned a number of times. Raking my brain I
could not remember the last time I put oil in there! A few drops of
Marvels Mystery Oil down the shaft (and a few in the bottom of the
distributor because I had too much coffee this morning and my hands
had a bit of a shake) and lo and behold my problem has magically
disappeared! Who would have thought that a 37 year old moving part
would need lubrication every now and then?