Old September 7th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

Default Distributor Rotor Fit Problem

On Sep 7, 12:13*pm, John Stafford > wrote:

> Hey, Chris. Ya know what was wrong? I was trying to put it in 180
> degrees backwards. Gawd, somebody lock me away before I hurt myself!
>
> Dangerous. And sober to boot! Imagine...

You beat me to the problem and solution.
Don't beat yourself up over it, you're not the only one to do that.

I sat for hours 1 night trying to figure out why the distributor
wasn't going
all the way in. Of course, 180 degrees off. That will teach me to
work
on the car sober.

Randy