Old February 19th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
neildomo

Default 72 Mach 1 leaking gas

On Feb 14, 8:57 am, WindsorFox > wrote:
> vince garcia wrote:
> > WindsorFox wrote:

> >> Silver solder and a torch. Well, maybe not.

> > Don't joke about something like that. There are people stupid enough to
> > give that a try, and blow themselves up...

> As long as there is someone with a camcorder and a Darwin Award trophy
> in hand....
>
> --
> "One hard rule of sockpuppetry is that a sockpuppet
> can't be smarter than its animator."
> - Arny Krueger

Well, after trying some 5/16 hose (why did I let the guy sell me
that?) I got some 3/8" ID host and it actually went on pretty easy. I
used clamps with the screws and got them snug. I had a full tank of
gas, and nowhere to drain it, so I probably had a quart run down my
arm as I fought with the hose for a minute, but no leaks since then
(thanks to everyone!).

I did notice that the hose seems to run rather close to the exhaust,
maybe within an inch or so. Does this sound normal? I guess by the
time the exhaust gets all the way to the back it's not all that hot,
but it just struck me as odd to put a rubber hose right there.

Thanks,
Neil