Old October 7th 13, 12:10 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Scott M

Default E46 Coils and shocks

David Haggas wrote:

> Changed the struts and the ride is a huge amount better. There do not seem
> to be any issues regarding the wishbones and everything feels tight. The
> rear is more problematic because although the ride is now superb, the
> standard spring is not any taller than the sport one it replaced with a
> consequent lowering of the ride height. The front is higher so the car does
> not look quite right. I need some taller (or slightly stiffer) rear springs.
> Perhaps saloon car springs are taller?

Stiffer springs are what you've just taken off! I doubt the Saloon will
be significantly longer than the Coupe ones. You might get away with
Touring ones but your best bet is to find some off an SE Convertible -
the rear end loading is all the roof and gubbins. It won't matter which
engine size it is as the %age of engine weight at the rear won't be
particularly significant.

Interesting to hear your experience.

--
Scott