Old September 27th 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Hemi Challenger

Joe wrote:
> "Les Benn" > wrote in
> :

>>> I saw one - briefly - a couple of days ago on a customer test drive
>>> loop. It was bright red and gorgeous, and was hauling butt on the
>>> highway. Sounded awesome...
>>>
>>> /daytripper
>>> '05 hemi durango ltd

>> The Mustang Guys are having kittens worried about having a car that
>> will blow the doors off the Shelby GT500 Mustang.

> This remains to be seen. And some still don't believe the Challenger will
> see production, but I hope they're wrong. Bottom line, the Challenger
> isn't competing with the GT500.

I'm not at all worried about a N/A Charger/Challenger blowing the doors
off of a GT500. That engine in the GT500 is just a $25 blower pulley
away from 600+ hp. Then if that isn't enough there is always the option
of a Kenne Bell twin screw blower that will get you 800+ hp. Chrysler
doesn't have a Hemi in anything they sell currently, or planned, that
has a snowball's chance in hell of overpowering a blown 5.4L, 32-valve
V-8 of the type that is in the GT500. It is basically the Ford GT
engine with an iron block and a Roots blower instead of a twinscrew. I
will say that Ford definitely knows how to build a supercharged V-8 that
is extremely reliable and can put out some outrageous horsepower numbers
with a few inexpensive tweaks and without even removing the valve covers.