Old August 1st 05, 04:08 AM
jim beam

Abeness wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>
>> hydrogen? no. logistics prohibitive. wildly unsafe.

> It's being tried. Check out the Honda FCX.
> http://world.honda.com/FuelCell/
>
> Not sure Q should use these for 007, though... ;-))

but abe, have you ever seen a scuba tank explode? those things have way
less pressure than that necessary to store even a trivial quantity of
hydrogen.

gasoline fuel cell, absolutely. hydrogen fuel cell? no chance. read
some of the archives for sci.materials. oh, and capacitors don't have
anywhere near the storage capacity of batteries.

it really amazes me the political lengths car companies have to go to to
placate the many manifestations of technological ignorance. or the
shameless idiots that exploit that ignorance by begging research funds
for what they know to be fundamentally flawed.