Old December 28th 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent[_4_]

Default Ick Bin Mercedes Copying Ford ??

On 2010-12-27, T.J. Higgins > wrote:
> In article >, JG wrote:
>>Who knew that Ford was 20 years ahead in styling ?
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/fordprobe1991/1395252042/
>>
>>Dieter, nice homage to the Probe...
>>http://www.mercedesbenzpic.com/merce...s55-vision.jpg

It's there a little bit, but I doubt the cars would look all that much
alike in person.

> There was a Ford advertising campaign in the late '70s that
> played on the resemblance of the Granada to some model of
> Mercedes. "Can you tell the Granada from this X-thousand-
> dollar Mercedes?" I can't recall the exact value of X, but
> it was something like 12; a lot back then but laughable now.

I've seen the silly granada ads... considering the granada was the last
car that traced directly back to the falcon (indroduced in 1959) makes
it all that more absurd.