Old September 5th 13, 04:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default How to Increase the C6 turn signal tic tic tic

"aRKay" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Steve > wrote:
>
>> On or about Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:07:42 -0500, aRKay
>> > wrote or did cause to be written:
>>
>> >I really like the new (to me) C6 but the turn signal sound (tic
>> >tic tic)
>> >is so low it is just about useless. Its there something like an
>> >old
>> >fashion flasher relay that can be changed to increase the sound
>> >level of
>> >the tic tic tic. It is swamped out by the engine and dual mode
>> >exhaust.
>> >
>> >Are the all low or is low tic tic tic sound mean something is
>> >wrong with
>> >mine?

>> As you were told before, there is no flasher relay. The turn
>> signals
>> as well as almost everything else on the car is computer
>> controlled.
>> The BCM (Body Control Module) decides when and how fast to flash
>> the
>> lights and sends a signal across the data bus to the radio to make
>> the
>> sounds. (The ECM (Engine Control Module) has nothing to do with
>> this.)
>>
>> Instead of worrying about the sound, just learn how the car was
>> designed to be used. The sound in your father's Oldsmobile was
>> there
>> to remind him that the turn signal had been on for the past 10
>> miles.
>> The C6 will remind you with a chime and message on the DIC if you
>> forget for 30 seconds.
>>
>> There are literally thousands of things done by the computers in
>> this
>> car that used to be done mechanically. Computer control is better
>> but
>> that also means that you shouldn't just go cutting and sparking
>> wires
>> like you could in a mechanical car. Instead of just blowing a 10
>> cent
>> fuse you are likely to blow a several hundred dollar computer. If
>> you
>> insist on modifying this car the first thing that is mandatory is a
>> set of shop manuals so that you can figure out which data bus has
>> the
>> digital signal you need. See helminc.com

> Thanks for the response. I will just have to learn to live with it.
>
> End of subject topic

My manual states that the turn signal flasher is integrated into the
hazard warning switch on center dash. On page 8-453 it says to see
page 8-451 for replacement instructions of that switch. Then on page
8-278 the instrument panel schematics it shows an ICP named "Turn
Signal Audible Indicator" as part of the Instrument Cluster ICP. A bit
confusing but my money goes with Steve's information since my manual
is an early ('05) manual with information cut off date 04/11/2005 that
still has C5 illustrations.