Old January 2nd 05, 03:17 PM
Dad

"Venger" > wrote in message
om...

> "StingRay" > wrote in message
>>
>> "radar" > wrote in message
>> > Do C5s have common problems I should know about prior to buying one?
>> > anything in particular to look for?
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > Denis

>> Hereunder are all of the Technical Service Bulletins from Alldata.com
>>
>> Here's the link as well:
>>
>> http://www.alldata.com/TSB/10/981006IS.html
>>
>> General Recalls
>> TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title1.. 01044 JUL 01
>> Campaign - Electronic Steering Lock Malfunction

> I can confirm this one. I took my '02 C5 in for an oil change and they
> performed this recall service while it was in. Soon thereafter, the
> steering
> lock malfunctioned...
>
> Venger

Most of what was listed were not TSB's but were customer's complaints. Some
of which remind me of the driver that complained about it raining into his
car. His problem was that his window was down and he thought it should go up
by itself when it started to rain. Most of the problems should have been
fixed by now and you should now be getting the results of how well the
previous owner maintained the vehicle.

As far as problems after 8 years of driving 2 different C5's over 60,000
miles they were few. One battery, one BCM, steering lock removed (not by my
request), seat cover replaced (not by my request), and an output shaft seal
replaced. The main problem was keeping the gas tanks filled as they went dry
two or three times a day. This C6 seems to be the same way, headed for 6,000
miles this week.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51