Old April 8th 05, 09:08 PM
mjt

(James >) scribbled:

> >check the tie rod ends, ball joints, bushings, and so on. the wheel
> >bearings would be the LAST thing i would check.

> So if I have tight tie rods, new ball joints, new bushings and new
> wheel bearings what else could it be? CV joints?

.... it sounds like you've got it about covered. of course,
if the wheel bearings were loose, and you've adjusted them,
then all should be fine.

many of these shops dont make money on the alignment: they
make their money on the discoveries of defective parts. if
you do go back, and they complain about "loose parts", tell
them you want to SEE which parts are moving (besides the
wheel bearings). in my case, they wheeled me out in the
shop and used their pliers and huge screwdrivers and pulled
and yanked and you could see that the parts were out of
tolerance.

it's funny they missed my upper control-arm bushings - i
mean, i do have 198k miles will all orig front end parts

if you dont want to go to that same shop, try another for
comparison purposes. if nothing else, you get free advice
on what to fix

--
<< http://michaeljtobler.homelinux.com (Abandoned Pools - Fluorescein) >>
Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success. - Christopher Lascl