Old January 20th 12, 08:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default How to balance FFB

Ha, ha, interesting thing happened. Now, suddenly, everything is
working "as advertised", at least with the MX-5, and there is no reason why
it shouldn't work with other cars, as well.
It looks like the problem was in calibrating. I alredy noticed that
you have to work pedals before calibrating them. The range of pedals is 0 -
255, but if I don't work them, I get numbers like -1, or 256. Since I
started to work them, I always get 0 - 255. I thought this isn't necesseary
for the wheel, because it works itself (actually, "calibrates" itself) at
the startup. And also, it is a digital device, so this shouldn't make
problems, but it looks like this isn't so. Now I turn wheel few times, all
the way to the right and left, and now everything is just fine. Ha, ha,
beutiful, this was what I was searching for, and this was what made
problems.