Old June 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default PICS - 2008 Ford Bullitt Mustang

On Jun 17, 3:34 pm, "My Name Is Nobody" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...

> >> Not to knock the mustang or the movie here, (I'd view it again in a
> >> second) but I recall an interview with some of the
> >> people who set up both cars and in all the filming, the charger (or
> >> chargers if they used several) held up real well and were a dream on
> >> the set while the mustang or I believe mustangs had to be beefed up
> >> and as far as holding up during filming, were a real POS. However,
> >> maybe the interview was biased, who knows?

> >> But yea, the car in the movie rocked. Seems to me though that they
> >> really screwed up with the sound effects. If I recall, the charger had
> >> an automatic, but the sound effects were from a manual tranny,
> >> correct? Or am I dreaming?

> > I beleive that is true also. The mustang just couldnt handle the
> > jumps. The charger is a bigger car isnt it? Probly came stock with
> > stronger suspention. I know for sure that the sound effects from the
> > mustang were actually from a V12 Ford GT, I beleive. That car chase is

> V-12 GT??? Was there ever one of those?
>
> After winning LeMans in late 1966, engineers From Ford's Advanced Engine
> Engineering team wanted to build a 48-valve Vi 2 For the Ford GT Mark 4 and
> humiliate the man who had so rudely rejected Ford's offer to buy his company
> Four years earlier, Enzo Ferrari. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, the
> V12 was turned down, and the 1967 Mark 4 was fitted with a 427-[in.sup.3] V8
> of the type used to win Le Mans in 1966. It won at a record pace.
>

> > amazing in everyway, even the mistakes they made. The same white VW
> > bug drives by them like 5 times!- Hide quoted text -

wow, you showed me eh! anyway the sound effects were definately from a
GT40. I saw it somewhere.

speaking of beating on chargers. Grindhouse has some of the best
musclecar stuff of any movie ive seen. its in the second half and you
have to sit through a lot of unentertaining crap but all the scenes
with kurt russel and his nova and charger are friggin unbelievable!
its like renting bullitt. rent it and just forward to the car parts.
you wont regret it!!!!