Old August 11th 05, 12:55 PM
SVTKate

His dad was a Dick, so he is a Dick.
His son, though named Richard as well, goes by his first name not Dick or
Richard.

Somehow it doesn't really seem offensive until you think of it that way.
Back in the day it wasn't a bad word. He is FROM back in the day!
Like the old "Dick & Jane" books.

My kids all call him "Chard" from a nickname I gave him. (pronounced
Shard)They obviously are not comfortable calling him Dick. Prolly cause he
is such a great guy.

"Richard" > wrote in message
: Why did he ever allow the name "Dick" to stick?
:
: --
: Richard
:
: '94 GT 'vert
: Under Drive Pulleys
: Transgo HD2 Reprogramming Kit
: High Stall Torque Converter
: 4:10 Gears
: Gripp Sub Frame Connectors (welded)
: FRPP Aluminum Drive shaft
: FRPP M5400-A Suspension
: Laser Red
:
: "SVTKate" > wrote in message
: nk.net...
: >
: > "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote
: > : > I'm gonna have you committed.
: > : > I was thinking more like "Dangerous Dick's Drag Strip"
: > :
: > : I think that name is already taken by a tranvestite only strip club
just
: > : outside of San Francisco.
: >
: > I'll tell my hubby that the fags are using his name in vain again...
gawd
: > that ****es him off LOL
: >
: >