Old May 4th 05, 05:38 PM
Hal

> GEEEEZ!!! You're running at 35psi all the way around??? Are you
> suicidal???

No Dan, I am not suicidal. The sidewall on my tires says maximum
inflation 44psi.

> Where in the world did you get the idea that this was an OK thing to

do???
> Why are you intentionally ignoring the safety ratings of your tires

and the
> car manufacturers recommendations???

I'm not ignoring anything. I have seen tires rated for a maximum of
35psi in the past, but I do not presently have any on any of my
vehicles. Of the 20 tires I presently own, all say 44psi maximum.

I will try running a lower pressure in the front and run a mileage
check and see what the result is. After my recent carb overhaul I am
measuring out at 24.5 miles per gallon. That seems a little low, but
one possible explanation is that the supers weigh more than the
standard if I am not mistaken. I would imagine my mileage will drop
slightly if I run a lower pressure in the front.

Chris