Old November 25th 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default BugMe videos?

On Nov 22, 7:03*pm, Rusty Shackelford > wrote:
> I didn't realize that you had departed the VW scene, though I did notice
> that I hadn't seen you around for a while. *That's a shame, you were an
> asset to the community and hobby. *In any case, I know, that one day,
> you'll be back. :-). *I left VWs for about 15 years at one time but I
> always had a soft spot in my heart for the little cars and would take
> special notice whenever I saw one on the road. *One day I saw one on the
> side of the road for sale and ended up dragging it back home.

Well, I will admit, once these little airsuckers are in your blood,
they never really go away...
I haven't worked for the magazines, hence no real immersion into VWs,
in close to 5 years. I moved out of VW Central (SoCal) and to a quiter
lifestyle in the redwoods of Northern CA. I still have the Polar
Silver Oval with the real Rader wheels, IDA's, EMPI steering wheel
signed by Joe Vittone and Richard Guarino, Berg Signature shifter,
blah blah blah, but that's about it. I sometimes still make an
appearance at the Sacramento Bugorama's, and if you still read HotVWs,
sometime in the future you may see a Blue Squareback article, written
and photographed by a name from the past.... 8=)
Oh, and Rusty, my diatrible was **NOT** supposed to be against you...
if you took it that way, then I most humbly apologise.