Old July 17th 04, 04:00 AM
Gary Compton

I'll answer my own question in case anyone is interested (not likely,
judging from the response). I was able to fashion a tool which worked
adequately by bending a long thin bladed screwdriver to an angle of about 35
degrees about and inch and three quarters from the tip. Hint - heat the
blade with a torch before bending. Thus modified, I was able to reach and
adjust the star-wheel through the access slot, using the side of the bent
screwdriver to turn the wheel. The brake peddle is now up where it belongs.

"Gary Compton" > wrote in message
> Adjusting the star-wheel on a 1993 SL1 requires a uniquely shaped

adjustment
> tool as the star-wheel is not behind the access slot. Rather, it is
> several inches away - toward the rear. In other words, the slot in the
> backing plate is nearer the front shoe, and the star-wheel is nearer the
> back shoe. I've seen a picture of the tool in a Chilton's manual, but

can't