Old March 3rd 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1998 Mustang GT Factory Alarm Randomness - Help me disable it.

mC,

Thanks but I got it. When I posted, I had a full day of work ahead of
me so I had no access to the car and was hoping to receive some
ideas/input. When I got home I popped open the Owners Manual and
started reading. I found that the Anti-theft is run by fuse in
position 16 (Fuse is a 20) in my 1998 Mustang GT on the drivers side
compartment of the car underneath the dash. I've taken that fuse
completely out and now I get no theft light in my dash so I think it
worked. By worked, I mean disabling the Anti-theft mechanism that is
in effect, broke. Surprisingly, the keyless remote still works to lock
and unlock the doors! (that was one of my biggest worries of disabling
the Antitheft system but no more worries - well other than I need to
get a new alarm system but I'm typically parked in a videotaped lot so
I'll rely on that for now.

My neighbor mentioned that the random alarming might be because I am
parked on an incline, but I have no time to test that theory since I am
shy on sleep and my neighbors are completely ****ed off at me.

Hope this helps out someone else and thanks for your support.

Chuck