Old September 25th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Gotcha, you damn drunk driver

I was being tailgated last night, nothing unusual, but I was able to
pull into the right lane to let them pass. The next thing I know, they
are almost past me, then the turn signal comes on and they immediately
pull right over into my lane. Only serious braking on my part and luck
prevented an accident, I am still shocked that he did not hit me.
I let that go, my days of road rage are long past, but then he goes
halfway off the road in the next curve and barely manages to recover,
then continues swerving and going from under the speed limit to well
above it.
As much as I hate seeing drivers talk on cell phones, I was hitting 911
on mine. I told the dispatcher what happened, where we were and the make
and color of the POS buick. I didn't know what model it was, there was
no emblem and there isn't a Buick on the planet that I care about what
it is called.
This was probably the first time that I have seen cop lights behind me
and not been worried about it. I got out of the way and let them do
their job. Someone is rightfully sitting in a cell unless they made bail
yet.
I still think that the first DUI offense should make you lose your
driving priviledges for at least 10 years. The second one should remove
them forever, even if that means locking the person in a cage for life
to make sure that they stay off of the road.

Oh, what a feeling. :-)

Pat