Old May 12th 05, 07:08 PM
Moley

> > > Also....an unrelated question while I have your attention.
> > >
> > > Within the past week the car started doing another odd thing -- or
> > > rather not doing it. Typically, when you press the "lock" button on

the
> > > keyless remote, the horm chirps to confirm that the car is indeed

> locked.
> > > However, it has stopped doing so. When I press the "lock" button, the

> car
> > > does lock and the alarm indicator lights begin to flash as they are

> > supposed
> > > to. But the horm doesn't chirp. I don't think that it's a case of a

bad
> > door
> > > sensor, because as I said, the alarm is visibly arming itself when I

> lock
> > > the car. So what could it be? Might I have unwittingly changed a

> software
> > > switch that enables/disables the horn chirp? I'm at a loss.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any assistance or ideas you might have.
> > >

> > This happened on my 225 TTC and to another friend with their TT. We

found
> > that it would suddenly start working again - and then stop again. We

> tried
> > lots of combinations of unlocking/door opening to try and find the

cause,
> > but to no avail. The software should not have changed (I had mine

checked
> > via the VAGCOM interface and it was still enabled even though it wasn't
> > working). It may be worth getting it checked with your Audi dealer.

> Thank you for the feedback Moley. It's comforting to know that both of
> these issues are fairly "normal" and likely don't amount to anything more
> than mere annoyances. I'll have the Audi techs take a look at them when I
> bring the car in for its 10k mile service and go from there.
> Thanks again.
>
> Rob

Rob,

Sorry, ignore my answer to your second problem. I just realised it was the
auto lock feature that I this effect, not locking via the key fob - sorry.
However, did you realise that if you have the car locked from the inside
(when you're driving along) and then open the door using the double pull of
the handle, the alarm beep will not operate when you lock it via the key
fob? If you operate the key fob button a second time, it works.

Cheers.

Moley