Old May 13th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default iHave sinned! [Episode 23, in which Andrew McP iRents more cr*p]

(jeffareid) wrote:

> So far I haven't been tempted to even do the free month of testing.

I understand, but you know I'm both a fan and a critic of iRacing, and I do think
it's hard to criticise something properly until you've tried it (though this does
not extend to incest, genocide, or voting Republican).

If you -- or anyone else -- fancies an extended trial, they sent out an email today:
"Sign up before 6/15/2009 and you’ll get a 3-month membership for only $25 – that’s
a 50% savings!" with the following promotion code for a 3 month for $25 deal...

PR-3MONTHOFFER-MAY2009

That should work for anyone who's not currently signed up. The SRF at Lime Rock is
probably worth it... great combination this week. And you only have to drive the
Solstice for long enough to get your SR up to 3, which doesn't take very long if
you're patient and treat it like medicine: a necessary evil. :-)

This must have been a fairly successful way of pulling people in recently if
they're repeating it now.

Personally I find it hard to justify signing up for a year in advance (I might get
p*ssed off and not use half of it!) but a steady dripfeed of offers like this would
keep me there (it helps soften the blow of being stung for content on a regular
basis).

Still, summer's coming and I suspect they're aware they'll lose quite a lot of
racing to the good weather. iRacing is still nowhere near well populated enough to
sustain a big hit like that IMO.

Andrew McP