Old August 24th 05, 10:37 PM
Larry Lindstrom

> Larry,
>
> Releasing an interim product means essentially creating a new one. It
> takes considerable time to "stop where you are" and make a releasable
> interim project. It would only delay the final thing. No point in
> messing around with that sort of thing. It's only been three years
> since the start of RL. It takes a lot longer than that for a team of
> two or three guys to produce a game with the quality and content of
> other sims on the market. Just scroll through the credits of your
> other sims and see how many people were involved. And yet in those
> cases it still usually takes a year or two, and that's usually AFTER
> they've released a previous title and have a ready made engine on their
> hands.
>
> Chris and Tony are right on track in my eyes. It's astonishing how
> many players in the community insist they know more about sim
> development than the developers themselves do! :-D

Thanks Todd:

I know the feeling.

I'm a Unix programmer working on my second Windows
project. I was thinking 6 months, but it's grown to
100 thousand lines, twice as large as any project I've
done before, and will have consumed two years of my
life before it's finished.

Like the Wests, nobody is paying me until it's
done.

I can see how they want to avoid all the bitching
that goes on here, but a few crumbs of news would be
appreciated by those who aren't throwing stones.

Larry