Old May 3rd 05, 05:33 AM
Dan Smith

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
news:f7Cde.1260$sy6.76@lakeread04...

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> >

> > GEEEEZ!!! You're running at 35psi all the way around??? Are you
> > suicidal???
> >
> > You're tires are probably rated at a maximum of 35psi. That's fine if
> > you're just going to leave it parked in the garage or in the shade.
> >
> > You put yourself in the car and the pressure goes up. You drive for

more
> > than a couple of minutes and the pressure goes up more. You're probably
> > driving around with close to 38psi in tires rated at 35psi.
> >
> > Where in the world did you get the idea that this was an OK thing to

do???
> > Why are you intentionally ignoring the safety ratings of your tires and

> the
> > car manufacturers recommendations???
> >

> dude calm down..its obvious you are no tire tech so maybe read your

sidewall
> sometime...the max psi is listed as a cold temp....this pressure is set

with
> a tollerance for an increase in pressure due to heat....it is not uncommon
> to gain up to 5-6 psi in summer weather on the interstate, and the tire
> manufacturers know it.....so don't have a stroke, your point is not only
> wrong, but basically pointless....(BTW "put yourself in the car the

pressure
> goes up" is incorrect too...the max weight is also what the max pressure

is
> designed for...sheesh...)

Oh, and the max pressure isn't listed as a cold temp, it's listed as a max
pressure. Max means max.

The normal car manufacturer's tire pressure recommendation is the cold
inflation pressure you're thinking of.

Yes, while driving it's not uncommon for the tire to gain pressure in the
summer weather or in cold weather either. And that was my point. If
someone is foolish enough to air up their tires to the maximum then they
have no leeway for normal pressure increases due to load and friction.

You also said, ""put yourself in the car the pressure
goes up" is incorrect ".

Who are you trying to BS? Of course the tire pressure goes up as the load
increases. You're talking nonsense.

Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
definitely don't know what you're talking about.

If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure goes
up.