Old March 9th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default 1999 VW Jetta 2.0 engine codes

I would prefer if you had an imitation ross-tech.com scanner. The vag-com
scanner tool copies can be had from Ebay for under $30 and will tell you
more than a generic OBDII code reader. AND allows you to do MORE! ;-)
More like Throttle Body Adaptations, read information from the ECM like
coolant temperature and 02 sensor readings, troubleshoot problems by testing
some components independently and get more info with the DTCs.

Let us know how the 02 sensor works out for you. 57,850 is low mileage for
the 02 sensor and it might have been under warranty if the vehicle was less
than 7 years old and under 70,000 miles. I believe you just missed out by 1
year. :-(
I dislike guessing since it costs too much. :-(
--
later,
dave

ps.com...