Old March 9th 07, 05:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

Default 1999 VW Jetta 2.0 engine codes

That P1128 code would lead me to believe that there is a vacuum leak.

What is the mileage?
The 02 sensor will get sluggish as it gets older. It could possibly solve
your problems.

Are you using a tool like the ross-tech.com scanner? AFAIK It will allow
you to see what the 02 sensors are doing. It should also give you a little
more info on those codes too! ;-)
I would want to check the Coolant Temperature that the ECM sees though.
--
later,
dave

ups.com...