Old May 10th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Leeinwind

Default 2000 Saturn SL2 engine dies often but can be restarted

My Saturn engine dies more and more often. It happened starting around one
year ago when I waited for a traffic light. I had to restart it. And then,
the engine dies more and more often. Usually, it happened when I made a
turn and waited for a traffic light. These days, even during driving on
highway normally, the engine died sometimes. However, I can always succeed
in restarting the car (sometimes I had to turn the key several times).

A mechanic checked my car, replace the four starter plugs and fuel filter.
The problem wasn't fixed. I knew that catalytic converter of my car was
also broken. The mechanic told me it could be the problem of "catalytic
converter". But I am wondering "catalytic converter" can cause engine die
during driving.

I do greatly appreciate for any advices or possible solutions to this
problem.

Thank you very much in advance.