Old March 14th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Abe Froman

Default 98 Civic auto tranny problem #2432

> It sounds like it's too full (since the problem happens when warm). Are
> you checking the tranny level under the right conditions? How much stuff
> was on the magnetic drain plug, just for interest sake, and are you
> planning to change the ATF two more times?
> 'Curly'

I suppose that could be the case. I drained the tranny then added 3
full quarts. There wasn't a whole lot on the magnet just a little
black colored metallic dust. I am planning to go today and pick up
some more ATF at honda. and drain and refill. Funny thing is, today
I haven't been able to duplicate the problem - (knock on wood). My
driving to day was 30 minutes of in town driving to work and 30
minutes back.

Any other insight?