Old January 8th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
elaich

Default 68 ford mustang gt with a 289

> wrote in
. net:

> having trouble trying to get my sons stang going. we have replaced the
> starter, had the carb rebuilt, new wires cap and rotor, it cranks over
> and wants to start but doesn't. can anyone give me a direction to go
> to get it going thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C73283.2F8DDF80
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <META content="MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=GENERATOR>
> <STYLE></STYLE>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>having trouble trying to get my sons
> stang going. we have replaced the starter, had the carb rebuilt, new
> wires cap and rotor, </FONT></DIV>
> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>it cranks over and wants to start but
> doesn't. can anyone give me a direction to go to get it going thanks
> </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C73283.2F8DDF80--

First of all, learn how to post to Usenet. Posting HTML is a no-no, since
most newsreaders can't handle it. Usenet is a text only medium. Take a
look at the quoted material above to see what a mess you posted.

Secondly, there was no 289 in 1968. It's a 302.

If the engine is trying to kick off but won't, it could be the timing.
Try rotating the distributor back and forth while crankiing it.