Old May 12th 04, 07:23 AM
Peter Bozz

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
> At least in Germany seeing lots of BMWs and Mercs is no illusion! They are
> top sellers:
> http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/kfz/pkw_n...ngen_2003.html
>
> In the Netherlands I seem to see Mercs on every corner...
>
> DAS

A short drive around where I live revealed 8 Mercs. Now,
it's no Beverly Hills, just a fairly affluent neighborhood of
a big Dutch city (actually, I crossed over into the affluent
neighborhood from the not-so-affluent part of town I live in).
There were a couple of Saabs and a few of the ubiquitous V40/V70
Volvos. I counted 6 BMWs and at least one A6, two A4s, a Jaguar XJ
and a Lexus LS400. Most of the Mercs were of course C series. I
didn't count the CLK Cabrio my local drug dealer drives: he's
hardly representative of the general population and might
skew my empirical data. I guestimate that I must have seen about
500 cars.

Most people here seem to have a, shall we say, predilection for spacious
MPV type of cars, mostly uninspiring brands I coudn't even tell apart.
Think Ford, Opel, Peugeot, Fiat, some Japanese and Korean brands,
whatever.

I wonder, what city was it that you say you saw Mercs on
every corner?

Peter