Old October 21st 04, 06:35 PM
Me

After 20 years here, I've seen a lot of wierdness as well--including
an old guy with a "stuck accelerator" that trashed about 6 cars and an
out of control bus that totaled 7 or 8. The trick is to use the
individual spaces where braile parkers can't get to you.

To answer my own question... Take a look at

www.bumperpad.com

You could probably contruct something like this fairly cheap on your
own but I'll probably toss them a few bucks for thinking of it first.

JJ

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:53:51 -0400, "chuckk"
> wrote:

>Scratching the paint! That is the least of your worries! By parking on the
>street, you invite SUV's and others to see how far they can shorten your
>parking space and car length! I saw one poor 97 miata that had the
>misfortune to be backed into by a pickup with a long trailer hitch less the
>ball. The driver used the back until bang parking method.One new front
>bumper and radiator later, along with a bit of paint, the miata was back to
>more or less normal.
.. .