Old June 24th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Pszemol

Default Carfax, Buying Used, & Craigslist.org

"jim beam" > wrote in message t...
> i've seen up to $3k on craigslist for stock 88-91 civics here in the bay
> area. that's if you can find one. the local ricers go nuts for them.
> even harder to find now that gas prices are high.

If this is true that this car is in demand beween ricing
enthusiasts than it will be very hard to compete them
for somebody who is looking for an economy car...

I can hardly imagine what good could come from
buying such an old car anyway. Yes, you could probably
find a cheap one but it will not be in good condition!
You spend a lot of time looking for it, driving around
for inspections spending money and time to find one.
Then, when you find one it will not be over...
Is your main goal not to have montly payments? You
*will* be paying montly (or weekly) payments anyway
but to the local parts store instead to the bank and live
in constant fear that the car will crap out on you in the
middle of the trip spoiling a day and causing you some
towing costs..

Does not seem to be such a bargain to me,
but you know, I am very spoiled ;-)