Old August 4th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
George[_23_]

Default brake lines: mix US and metric?

Our '99 Cavalier had a rotten rear brake line. So, I cut it back to
good metal, flared the end, and replaced the pipe with some 3/16" stuff
I had. I got to the axle end, and it suddenly occurred to me that it's
probably METRIC. And, on closer inspection, it appears to need a 'DIN
flare' to mate with the axle hose. So, ...

It looks like I can just use one section of 'metric' tubing, to mate
with the axle hose, and cut the other end off, and put a regular (SAE)
flare there, to mate with the 3/16" tubing I've installed.

Yes?

Thanks,