Old November 12th 05, 05:58 PM
M. Cantera

Default Driver Ed

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:48:10 GMT, pws > wrote:

>What I am talking about is at least having the teacher mention that you
>should not slam on the brakes in a corner, how to counter-steer
>properly, etc.

>I agree that cell phones are a problem and as much as I hate adding new
>laws, I think that using them while driving should be banned everywhere
>for both teenagers and adults.

Most schools systems no longer offer driver's ed. They dropped that
when they stopped getting free cars from the manufacturers Besides
the drivers ed budget seen to have been replaced with administrative
staff in most school systems that I'm familiar with.

As for banning cell phones, how would you enforce it in most of the
US? The police will not pull anyone over for something they are doing
because that is profiling (as in racial)