Old November 8th 05, 11:19 AM
pws

Default took the NB plunge!

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Oh boy, I really did it! I found a low milage (39k) 1999 base model for the
> right price and picked it up tonight! I'm rather excited but I'll try not to
> blather on too much in this one post. This one has a Jackson Racing header
> and a monster-flow intake (beautiful growl with the pedal down, completely
> stealth when your foots not in it) and a functional roll bar!
>
> Couple quick questions (miata.net has enough contrasting opinions in the
> forums that it'll take weeks to wade through), My 92's seats are far
> superior, I'm thinking of recovering them and transferring them in. I get
> the initial impression that this will work. Input?
>
> Secondly, I'd love to be able to transfer my KYB shocks and FM sway bars.
> Most of the threads I found talked about putting NB shock / spring
> assemblies into NA cars for some travel and stability improvements. Does
> anyone know if it's safe to assume that there would be a down side to
> bringing the NA shock / spring assembly's into the NB? On the compatability
> guide it says that the sway bars don't work but then it says 'mounting
> points are turned 90 degrees, can be done using adjustable end links' or
> some such. Input?
>
> More later,
> Chris
> 99 BLK/BLK/BLK

I can't help with these questions, but congrats!

I have differing opinions on the features and looks of the 3 different
miata models, but you have the only one that Mazda ever offered with a
great-looking steering wheel, imho. Also, for the NB, I think that black
is THE color to get.

No red for you this time? ;-)

Pat