Old November 2nd 05, 09:04 PM
Rusty Cadaret

Default Stuttering and check engine light

I feel your pain.

I have a 2000 that is behaving the exact same way. Only mine has been
doing so for 18 months and has completely died and left me stranded 3
times.

The first time the O2 sensor was replaced. The check engine light came
back on 3 days later.

The second time the cam shaft positoin sensor was replaced. The check
engine light came on 3 days later.

The third time was 2 days ago and I am waiting to hear from the
dealship now. I hold out some hope that whatever it is really broke
this time becasue for the first time the car did not restart once it
had cooled down. The other 2 times it did restart once the engine
cooled down for an hour ro two.

The whole time the engine ran fine, execpt for the 3 times it stranded
me. The whole time the check engine light was on a mojority of the
time, but would go off for a day or so once every week or two.

Anybody else?

Rusty