Old November 20th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku ハチロク

Default Brand and/or vendor recommended for Toyota fan clutch

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:59:05 -0800, mack wrote:

> "HiC" > wrote in message
>> Given the descriptions I've seen here of how a fan clutch is supposed to
>> behave, I suspect the lifetime warranty unit I got from Autozone and its
>> replacement aren't doing it. Who do you recommend buying from to get
>> one thats definitely good? Either online or over the counter - I'm in
>> Central Florida.
>>
>> What's the quality likely to be on one gotten from Toyota?

> If it has a lifetime warranty, why not return it to Autozone? they won't
> bite.

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! Check this out!

http://www.autozone.com/N,16300118//...eResultSet.htm

I paid $62 for mine, and used a $20 bonus to boot! So I paid $82!!!!
It was the only one they could get.

What the heLK is this $40 unit?!?!?!

He

http://www.toyotaworld.com/

Ask for Jeff Watson, tell him you're a member of SUPRAS.COM (as a matter
of fact, JOIN! There's lots of expertise there! If you can create an
e-mail account just for SUPRAS.COM, do so...your mailbox will fill up
QUICK!)

As Jeff if he can give you the 'club' or wholesale price. He'll do his
best.

Or, check Jaffarian's, http://www.jaffariansparts.com/

They will match or often beat any price online you can find.
For some reason, I couldn't get an OEM price from any of the dealers...it
kept giving me a server error. They all use the same server but with their
own pricing.

Either one of these two would be a good bet. I get parts from both of them
all the time.