Old February 18th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Ping: Patrick

On Feb 18, 10:00 am, JS > wrote:

> Long time no see, Patrick. Been a while since I cruised RAMFM.

Hey, JS!

> In any event - just for historical purposes, my '97 Cobra ran 13.8 @
> 100.7 with about a 2.0 60' time (I know I'm not the world's best driver)
> with Nitto 555DRs and a Tri-ax - otherwise stock car/weight. Track
> elevation there was 1250'. It's pretty sad if these guy in new GTs
> can't even break into the 15's. Traction control (or lack thereof) a
> factor?

I know! It's sad. Perhaps the traction control being left on is it,
but I can't imagine the performance being affected that much. I do
know these cars rock. I enjoyed the hell out of my '05 test
drive!

> On the miserable street tires the car came with (not the originals) I
> was in the high 14's / low 15's if I remember right, as I couldn't hook
> to save my life.

But the mph was there, as it should be with these cars. At sea level,
they should be trapping over 100 mph.

> How's everything been?

Good!. My '93 keeps humming along. It's now at 125K miles. I need
about another 100 horses, but I am not going to mess with it until it
needs to be freshened. Then it'll either be a stout new crate motor
or I'll get something new(er). An '05 GTO, Hemi car, 3-valve GT and a
WRX head the list, but who knows... oh, and can't wait to see/drive
the new Camaro!

Do you still have your '97?

Patrick