Old February 18th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JS[_3_]

Default Ping: Patrick

wrote:
> On Feb 12, 12:41 am, "Big Al" > wrote:
>
> wrote in message

>>One

>>newer

>>What

>>>Al,

>>>You must have either the slowest 3-valve GTs and/or the worst drivers
>>>of these cars in the country.

>>>These cars are easy low-14 second pieces (at sea level). In your area
>>>(3K feet of elevation), if these guys can't cut a sub 15, they should
>>>trade them in for Kias.

>>>What are there trap speeds?

>>Don't really remember. I'll watch next race. Been watching them for a long
>>time. Don't see any stockers running 14's here.

> They have 300 net = about 250-260 RW and they weigh about 3,400-3,500
> pounds. They should be running as hard or harder than a '96-'97 Cobra
> but get a better hook due to better weight distro.
>
> Patrick

Long time no see, Patrick. Been a while since I cruised RAMFM.

In any event - just for historical purposes, my '97 Cobra ran 13.8 @
100.7 with about a 2.0 60' time (I know I'm not the world's best driver)
with Nitto 555DRs and a Tri-ax - otherwise stock car/weight. Track
elevation there was 1250'. It's pretty sad if these guy in new GTs
can't even break into the 15's. Traction control (or lack thereof) a
factor?

On the miserable street tires the car came with (not the originals) I
was in the high 14's / low 15's if I remember right, as I couldn't hook
to save my life.

How's everything been?

JS