Old February 11th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_1_]

Default Ping: Patrick

Questions: At the drags yesterday I kept a close eye on two newer GT's. One
automatic, one 5 speed. Both appeared stock, but I did not see under the
hoods. Both ran low 16's. (We're at 3075 feet elevation.) If you had a newer
GT, and you just floored it in drive, shouldn't it run better than 16's? I
can understand someone not knowing how to drive a stick, but an auto?? What
are the magazines quoting for 1/4 mile times? Can these engines (4.6 3
valve) really make 300 horsepower as delivered?

Al