Old March 22nd 12, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default Headline I thought I'd never see

On 03/21/2012 07:48 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>>> holding my breath--not.

>> oh, and the cross-tour???? seriously, if honda's u.s. management talked
>> japan into that piece of garbage, it's because the former g.m. execs
>> honda thought they'd hired are in reality the g.m. aztec team still
>> working for g.m. in a sabotage role.

> To put that into context, the very same Honda US management team back in
> the mid-90s told Honda Japan very specifically that they did NOT want
> the CR-V--said "that ain't no SUV, that's some girlie thing nobody'd
> ever want to buy". They probably got confused by the lack of locking
> transfer case and hubs. So, Japan went ahead and designed it without
> consideration for the US market.
>
> A year or two later, US Honda management decided they changed their
> mind. The car came out in 97 as a compromise vehicle, and took awhile
> to be what it should have been in the first place had that same US Honda
> management team not been such idiots.
>
> Now we have that CrossTour thingie, a horrible car that no one really
> wants except those same bonehead US managers.
>
> It's a familiar refrain. "We have no idea what we're doing it, but by
> God, we're going full speed ahead with it!"
>
> Car Guys vs. Bean Counters. Everyone should read it.

i'm actually serious when i use the word "sabotage". if you've been
watching the debacle that used to be called "nokia", and its [former
micro$oft exec] c.e.o.'s decision to walk away from everything that made
that company successful and throwing in with the micro$oft "smart phone"
system nobody wants, you have to wonder where his loyalties lie.
they're certainly not with nokia.

i say the same thing is being done with honda by the former g.m. execs
it hired. pretty much all of their decisions have been to undermine the
honda brand, destroy the concept of repeat business and destroy customer
loyalty. are they genuinely well intentioned but simply incompetent?
or are they still working for g.m. with a mission to undermine g.m.'s
competition?

--
nomina rutrum rutrum