Old January 25th 05, 10:52 AM
Ross

"R E O Sportwagon" > wrote in message
> Early Smart cars had this problem, I think it was caused by the pattern
> of the heater element causing excess heat in one area. They solved it by
> changing the pattern of the element.
>
> I've not heard of this on an Alfa before so maybe a different cause. Did
> you have the rear window demister on?

No, the car was parked outside my house. I don't know how long after last
using the car the glass broke, unfortunately, as that may have given a clue.
It was parked in a quiet residential 'hammer head' so I think it's unlikely
that a stone could have been thrown up by a passing car with enough force to
break the glass, and it looked as if it had broken outwards anyway.

Oh well, just one of those things, I guess!

Regards
Ross