Old April 17th 09, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default "Blueprinting" VW heads

>>Light the fire in ANY gasoline-fuel, spark-ignited engine and
the following 'combustion event' will take something like two
thousandths of a second REGARDLESS of your rpm<<<

Well, sorta. It will depend greatly upon the combustion pressure. At peak
torque the fuel is burning much more rapidly than at cruise.

>> The basic combustion controller is a chip from Zilog.<<

I think that most current automotive applications use the Freescale line
HCS12 processors. They replaced the Mot6800 Risc and Zilog series in most
cases.