Old April 11th 09, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Geoffe Elias

Default "Blueprinting" VW heads

Ah, well it looks like in order to do the proper job, get the proper
tools. Am going to look into the cheapo diamond rifflers as suggested
by jtbartlett as well.

Meanwhile, while searching around, discovered the following place
which think is a brilliant idea:
http://www.techshop.ws

Too bad about the crap fuel issue though. I guess besides the fact
that watercooled engines can handle autodetonation better due to their
ability to shed waste heat better, they also can rely on a whole bunch
of other tricks like computerized engine management with knock sensors
and such.

-Geoffe Elias
'74 Super Beetle