Old October 17th 05, 07:13 PM
Alan Bernardo

Default GTL reboots my machine?

"Peter" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> "PlowBoy" > wrote in message
>> > Alan,
>> >
>> > It is worse than you think...

>> And yes, I do check for spyware on a weekly basis. But spyware software
>> doesn't run in the background and is not intrusive, like virus software.
>>

> You sure about that? I've sorted out spyware infested computers that
> are running like syrup. AV software finds nothing. Spyware software
> finds a ton of stuff. Once cleared out, computer runs sweet.
>
> --

Spyware will slow a computer down considerably. But viruses tend to shut
computers down and make them inoperable.

Like I said, my experience with virus programs is that they do more harm
than good. With 20 years of computer use, I've gotten one virus that
completely totaled my system. As such, I'll take my chances.

Alanb