Old October 17th 05, 06:47 PM
Sidney H Bridge

Default GTL reboots my machine?

Peter wrote:
> In article >,
> says...
>
>>"PlowBoy" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Alan,
>>>
>>>It is worse than you think...

>>And yes, I do check for spyware on a weekly basis. But spyware software
>>doesn't run in the background and is not intrusive, like virus software.
>>

> You sure about that? I've sorted out spyware infested computers that
> are running like syrup. AV software finds nothing. Spyware software
> finds a ton of stuff. Once cleared out, computer runs sweet.

He's talking about the anti-spyware stuff he runs and not the spyware
itself, i think.

I agree with him on the over-reaction to viruses to. I remember setting
a mate up to go on-line and play C&C Red Alert a few years ago, only for
his father-in-law to install a load of anti-virus rubbish for fear of
him catching something nasty of the Westwoold servers! I could not get
him to comprehend the true nature of the risk no matter how much reason
I put forward. He just could not/would not believe that you can go
on-line without anti-virus software running and be safe. And the guy was
a senior project manager at the MOD too!