Old May 8th 06, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 'La, La, La, I'm not listening'

Pete > wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2006 20:53:26 +0100, (SteveH),
> wrote:
>
> >> Just what I was thinking to myself.
> >> Blimey. GTV for pocket change.
> >> Well. After having it for 6 months you sell it for £999.

> >Madness, innit.
> >
> >If it had aircon, I'd do it. However, one of the reasons I'm looking
> >around is that I want something more grown up than the Marea.

> I didn't notice the missing air-con :-(

I sort of assumed they'd all have it, but no, it appears not.

> More grown-up? Everyone knows that if you can afford the insurance on
> a GTV you have to be well old :-)

Heh. You haven't seen the insurance rates on a Marea 20v. I managed to
get a cheap deal in the end through the Fiat owners club, but most
people wanted 3 times what Katie pays on the 156, ffs!

I would worry that the GTV is more of the same, though. The Marea is a
cracking 'hot hatch' type car, but it's a bit too harsh and manic for my
80 miles / day. I spend the whole journey driving like a cnut.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL