Old November 7th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Default Advice needed - recurring rear axle oil seal leak

Hi Dean,
I wouldn't worry about a loose bearing race. And I don't like his
idea of spot welding it in, it would be impossible to center it!
I'm thinking the seal is his fault, like he laid the full weight of
the axle on it as he slid it in. Or maybe the new seal was twenty years
old and cracking.
http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/superior02/
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/