Old March 2nd 07, 07:44 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E Brown

Default What is electric steering.

On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:35:46 GMT, "grinder" >
wrote:

>Consumer Reports liked the Z4 but said it lacked the agility of the Boxster
>or Honda 2000 because of the electric steering.
>
>What is it? Can something be done to counteract the reduced agility (i.e.
>front strut tower braces?).

This is one of the problems with car reviews - the reviewers seldom
drive a car long enough to get used to anything different than their
typical experience. After years of driving a Z4, I'd say that what
most reviewers are articulating, poorly, is not a problem with feel,
but a problem with steering ratio - you've got to turn the Z4 wheel
more from lock-to-lock.
epbrown
--
How can you know where I'm at if you haven't been where I been?
Can you see where I'm coming from? "How I Could Just Kill A Man" Cypress Hill