Old March 21st 13, 11:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

Default Thoughts on Chrysler 200 ?

On 21 Mar 2013 21:36:50 GMT, "S.LaRocca" > wrote:

>The wife has been looking at mid size cars and I told her to take a look
>at the 2013 Chrysler 200...It seems like a lot more car for the money
>than the Chevy Malibu.
>
>Any thoughts on the 200, good or bad ?
>
>Thanks in advance.

I've owned my 2012 Chrysler 200 for just over a year now and I really
like it (I have the two-door hardtop convertible coup). At the risk of
sounding like a shill, it handles well (provided you don't take the
corners too fast or too tight--the rear end tends to slide).

The car was made for both light crusing and city driving. It's
definitly NOT a sports car, so don't drive it like one. You (or your
wife) might find the suspension a little stiff. MPG is a concern, as
I only average 17mpg in the city (I do mostly city to city driving).

General fit and finish is good, and the maintenance seems to be low
(although that's to be expected with a new car). Seems solidly well
built and has a good "road feel" to it. The V6 Pentastar engine (I
opted for the 3.6L) delivers good power and torque. Just had the oil
changed at 3,500 miles.

Overall, I recommend it, but your mileage may vary.

James Rau