Old May 21st 10, 08:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Nurburgring screenshots from GT5

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> Isn't this coming soon? It's what their last rejoin-please mail
> said...

I've no idea. When I see such announcements I'm usually too busy crying at the
never-ending stream of content to pay attention to everything.

When I first joined and was persuaded to stay by buying and enjoying the Skip
Barber, I had a few races tip-toeing around after guys who'd clearly damaged their
rear spoilers. It took quite a while for me to realise it was meaningless, and it
has taken much, much longer for aero damage to make its way up the priority list. I
always found that puzzling.

But then I find so much of life puzzling, why should iRacing be any different? :-)

Now I'm thinking about it, iRacing may have done something about the visual damage,
because I can't remember the last time I saw a damaged rear wing on a Skip. And I
suppose you could always argue that such visible damage was a sign that the car had
been in some kind of incident, and might be unstable. So I might be over-playing
this issue.

Ultimately I just think 6 years of development time is quite a lot, even for a
small team. It's not as if they were starting from nothing.

Still, warts & all it's nice to be supporting the work of people like Grant Reeve,
who used to post here back in the days when anyone gave a sh*t what we think about
anything.

Assuming, of course, they ever did. ;-)

Andrew McP