Old July 30th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

Default Hum after rear-end gear change

Michael Johnson wrote:
> Take the car back and tell him to fix it. Gears don't whine when
> properly installed. Also, after he fixes this problem find yourself a
> new mechanic.

The common thought, but I would be reluctant. I am very very picky
about by whom and how my Mustang is worked on (all my cars really) and
I'm not sure I'd want a half-ass like that going into it a second time.
What *I* would do is ask people that know, car clubs or at a race track
and get it readjusted then dispute the charge on my credit card. Go back
to the guy with proof that proper alignment fixed the problem and and
make him cut the bill in half at least. If he fails to comply I'd tell
him I was disputing the charge and taking him to small claims. He will
probably change his mind as long as you have proof that realigning the
gears fixed it and that is actually true. One has to assume you could
get a defective set of gears that is noisy and maybe it will go away,
maybe it won't. No car that I've had a gear replacement done to made
noise afterward.

--

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on
talking when people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher